- 1 cup Jackal’s Hill Plain Yoghurt
- 3 cups cake flour
- 1 ½ cup sugar
- 1 cup cooking oil (sunflower or canola)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp vanilla sugar or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 300g fresh cherries, pitted
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl. Add all the other dry ingredients. Mix well.
- Add the eggs, yoghurt and cooking oil and mix thoroughly.
- Incorporate the cherries.
- Grease a large baking pan and pour the cake mix in.
- Bake for 35mn or until nicely risen and golden. Make sure the cake is baked through by checking with a needle or knife that needs to come out dry.
This makes quite a large cake so you can halve the ingredients to make a smaller one. I use fresh cherries but you can use tinned ones or any other fresh or tinned fruit as long as it is moist.