Cooking time 25 min
- l Medium butternut (+/· 700g), peeled, deseeded and cut into cubes
- 250g Jackal’s Hill Framage Halloumi, cut into cubes
- l Small bunch coriander, finely chopped
- l Small bunch mint, finely chopped
- 60ml Sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp soy sauce
- l Garlic clove, crushed
- Zest and juice of 2 limes or l lemon
- l Small red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- l Tbsp brown sugar
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add the butternut cubes and cook for 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly tender (do not cook completely as you are going to braai the kebabs). Drain and set aside.
- Make a marinade with the soy sauce, sesame oil, garlic, lemon juice and zest, chilli and brown sugar. Whisk until the sugar has dissolved.
- In a large bowl, toss together the butternut, halloumi, marinade and herbs. Allow to marinate for at least 1h.
- Once marinated, alternately thread the butternut and halloumi on the skewers.
- Drizzle with a little of the remaining marinade
- Put the skewers directly on the braai, for 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until lightly charred, brushing with the marinade as they cook.
- Serve immediately.
- This dish makes a great starter or a vegetarian dish. It is also delicious in a wrap.